Thursday, February 7, 2008

30 for 40 more minutes...


Good Thursday in Vicksburg. There has been serious movement on farmers market plans today. We had supper at my favorite place, El Ranchero. The waiter even gave me a free one of these, b/c I asked what it was and I'd never seen it before. (Don't bother, they're really gross, but interestingly they're popular in Mexico AND Canada). Interestingly, clamato is just what is sounds like...no, not an STD, but tomato and clam juice. Mixed with Budweiser. Ugh. Ned has my birthday present hidden in the trunk of the car. And I got a voice mail from Uncle CW in California. Off to sweet dreams, and then tomorrow I'll have birthday fever! Hat tip to the random blogger named Michael whose photo I stole tonight b/c I'm too lazy to find my camera and upload my own photos.

4 comments:

  1. That is the nastiest thing I have ever heard of. And this is coming from the guy who didn't have milk one time so used Kahlua instead in his morning cereal. But then again I think I'd rather drink Clam juice and beer mixed than those chocolate squares you make...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, don't make me cry about that dessert again. Martha Stewart made them; I thought they had to be good! And may I remind you that out of HUNDREDS of meals I cooked for you that year, only that single dish met with disapproval. You ate your weight in dumplings! XO, MB

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I'm saying is don't make them for Ned or you might get a divorce.
    Stick to the dumplings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, ok. Chase confessed this afternoon that he had read this post early this morning before we left Berlin and did not want to tell me anything because I would get all worked up and we had to leave quickly (we are in Prague). So, as soon as he told me about your blog I had to find an internet connection to see about this.

    First of all... "mixes" for Micheladas are just wrong (I'm referring to the stuff in the can you have there in the picture). Second, Micheladas are SO NOT made with light-colored beer... even worse with a "light beer". That is just obscene.

    Now, Chase hates Micheladas (I love them... and that, and Purple Haze, are the only reason I miss drinking), but he has had the actual real ones, made with "Indio" beer (really dark Mexican beer), so I can take his disgust for them. You, on the other hand... well, let's say you need to come with us to Mexico at some point, try them there (the REAL ones) and then, if you don't like them, I'll respect your opinion :)

    Happy birthday :) Have a nice weekend. I'll make sure Chase drinks lots of Czech beer in your honor while we're here!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...