Saturday, August 2, 2008

A solution to our dog problem

As our friends and family know, Ned is an animal lover. I am--um--just the opposite. I realize that only my sister really understands my aversion to pets, but it is what it is. That said, I do feel a little bad that the "no pets in our house" rule has kept Ned from getting a dog. But good news: now he can get his puppy fix each Saturday at the Vicksburg Farmers' Market. The shelter has been bringing dogs down to the market, and adoption rates have increased almost 30%. Each Saturday, Ned can enjoy the puppies, and we never have to own, feed, or care for a dog. Win, win.

1 comment:

  1. What kind of wife encourages short term "love 'em and leave 'em" relationships? I could not have resisted that precious pup in the photo -- he would have had a home with me. (That's why I have spots on the rug and chewed furniture.)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...