Thursday, June 19, 2008

Chicago: Day Three

After a morning of phone calls and e-mails, I sealed up the laptop and goofed off for the afternoon.  Twas great fun...

We began at Navy Pier.  I insisted on riding the ferris wheel, despite Ned's fear of heights (aggravated by my insistence on jumping back and forth across the car to get good photos, none of which I'm posting here.)  We calmed post-ferris wheel frights with an Italian lemon ice.
We bought tickets for WICKED.  I wore green to celebrate.  I would have painted my face, but Ned said no.

We checked out art with our friend, Liz, and grabbed dinner at the Berghoff.  Ned ordered the sausage sampler platter.  Me, I chose pierogies, because nothing's better than mashed potatoes in fried pasta!  More news tomorrow, when we have the entire day to explore!

1 comment:

  1. If I were riding a ferris wheel with an engineer, I think I would heed his fearful warnings.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...