Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chicago: Day One

Who was I kidding?  I got no work done today.  I'll have to call it a vacation day.  Ned and I flew to Chicago with our friend, Liz, at 7 a.m. this morning.  We've been running ever since.
First stop: Fat Johnny's for hot dogs.  We were too early, because the place was still closed.  Second stop: Edna's for lunch.  Yummy.  Third stop (after the hotel):  Magic Bean, where we became midgets in the reflection.
From the Magic Bean we traveled to the Art Institute.  It was great, as always, but over half of it is under construction.  My engineer husband pretended to be enthused, but sometimes I think he just doesn't get it (see below).

Last stop of the day:  Chicago dogs and a White Sox game.  As I type this at 10:45 p.m., the 7:11 game has just ended.  We had to leave in the seventh inning because my fellow travelers can't just take the day off tomorrow (like I did today).  Final White Sox score: 16-5.

1 comment:

  1. Ned, Mary Beth, awesome lines and even cooler pictures! I am glad life is treating you the way it should. I am not so glad to see that my blog didn't make your list of "Favorites" :( Maybe when I start regularly putting up content instead of my monthly ramblings of how busy Joana and I are, we will make the selection :) Have fun and tell Mississippi we miss it miserably!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...