Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Big Easy: Day Two

The germophobe (and mildly claustrophobic) side of me won out this morning -- helped by the fact that it took the valet 20 minutes to get our car after we went downstairs. When Ned left for work, I went to work changing our hotel reservations. We're now at a nondescript Hampton on St. Charles, but the rooms are large, the parking is free and plentiful, and I can walk out the front door to the bar on the porch of the Columns Hotel -- not exactly Circle Bar vibe, but not a bad substitute.

The day started at the Farmer's Market, where I saw my vision for Vicksburg come alive. Plus, there were beautiful flowers from mustard plants.

I worked all afternoon, enjoyed a run down St. Charles, and then Ned and I headed for dinner. Ye Olde College Inn was our dining destination for the evening. We ate there on our way home the night we got engaged, and so decided to revisit the place tonight. Ned finished 3/4 of his monster sandwich, but he would have eaten all of it had I not begged him to stop. He finally gave in. And now he's thankful, as he sits across the room, working on his laptop, and eating Tums like candy.


My favorite part of the evening was ice cream from Brocato's. Yum. I would have taken a photo of it, but I ate it too quickly!

1 comment:

Tell us what you think and who you are...