Saturday, January 5, 2008

Our first lazy Saturday



This is the very first Saturday since we were married, way back in August, that we've spent an entire weekend at our home. We started out lazily, sleeping late. Then the day picked up, as I discovered the joys of shopping on eBay (who knew you could buy a rug for $0.99?). Ned installed a screen door off the kitchen porch, we made our first stock-the-kitchen mega shopping trip (Ned guessed the total cost within a dollar), and I made us catfish for dinner. I've lived in Mississippi eight years and this was my first catfish dish. That's a big deal, since I married a boy from the Delta. Ned said it was good; maybe it'll be the first of many. Or, at least, the first of 8, since we bought the "family pack" of filets. US Farm Raised, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think and who you are...