Monday, January 7, 2008

Geaux Tigers!

It's Monday night on National Street. We've just finished a jambalaya feast. I'm watching the game in the living room. Ned's in the back of the house, trying to cope with my fervent Tiger fandom. If we win, I want to drive across the river/state line and buy a hurricane from the drive-thru bar. Actually, it's not really a drive-thru bar. It's a drive-to-the-end-and-make-a-three-point-turn-and-drive-back-out-kind-of-bar. Ned's not keen on the idea.

Other news today: license plates cost more in Vicksburg than in Oxford...no kidding. Our Zingerman's order arrived today. We'll be eating a lot of bread dipped in olive oil this week. I agreed to host cocktails and hors d'oeuvres for next Friday's progressive dinner with Ned's office mates. It'll be a fun way to meet new people, and it'll give us a hard deadline for finally unpacking the rest of our stuff! Ned and I have failed to win two rugs on eBay today, despite our bid-at-the-last-minute strategy. Maybe we need a new strategy. I e-mailed with my cousin Rachel this morning about details for planning her wedding, scheduled for September 13. Not too terribly long ago, I was the flower girl in her mom's wedding (see photo of me, unhappy about wearing a bonnet).



Ned turns 30 on Friday. We'll head out on his birthday for a weekend trip -- but he doesn't know where. I thought that a birthday surprise might distract him from the momentary sadness that overwhelms you when you leave your twenties. (I speak from experience.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think and who you are...