Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Oh, how I long for a gravy boat


I thought that when couples got married, they got lots of sugars & creamers and gravy boats. Isn't that the joke? Everybody gives you the "special pieces" to your dishes, but nobody gives you dinner plates off which to eat? Well, for us, it's different. We were fortunate to get place settings for twelve, but we seem to be missing the gravy boat.

Tonight's Wednesday, china night (as many of our friends know), and I've spent hours cooking the perfect roast with gravy. But now that we're about to serve it, I realize that I don't own the gravy boat for my china! (I'm still not sure what all we have and don't have.) A special request has been made to the Easter Bunny for this missing piece of the puzzle, and tonight we'll serve gravy out of a Pyrex measuring cup -- while we drink out of Waterford crystal. Such is the wackiness of our china night routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think and who you are...