Thursday, May 28, 2009

An MPB Debut

Tonight, at 9 p.m., Above the Line: Saving Willie Mae's Scotch House will debut on Mississippi Public Broadcasting. Kudos to my friend Joe York who, with the Center for Documentary Projects at Ole Miss, produced the film that chronicles the work of John Currence (another friend, and hero!) and the SFA in rebuilding a restaurant in post-Katrina New Orleans. The show also features a brief cameo by Mary Beth, albeit with paint on her nose. Here's how this went: Joe sets me up on a chair in front of lights (it's about a 15 minute "get ready" period) and then he interviews me for about thirty minutes. Ned arrives to New Orleans, walks into the middle of the interview. We break the interview, I stand up and turn around, and Ned says, "Hey, you have paint on your nose." Thanks, Joe. Thanks. You didn't notice when you were adjusting all those umbrella lights? Nonetheless, he did a GREAT job with the film and I've found it in my heart to forgive him.

1 comment:

  1. Loved watching this and could not see the paint on your nose at all!
    Thanks for your part in saving Willie Mae's Scotch House. I'm ready for some fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...