Sunday, April 13, 2008

Working the garden, watching the river

The river's rising, and the garden's getting started. Below, see Ned with the rented tiller, destroying even more grass in our backyard (I have a theory that this is his new method to avoid mowing -- till once, or mow 50 times...he's a smart boy, and he's figured out the math). You'll also see him with the compost...a year's worth of yard clippings and trashed vegetables, which we used to save us from buying the $60 worth of supplemental dirt that we bought for last year's beds. The last photo is of the rising river...see the flood markings on the wall behind me. I was trying to look worried in the photo, but I think I just look exhausted. That's the result of all Saturday's gardening labor. (I worked, too, despite the lack of photographic evidence.)


2 comments:

  1. Yikes! The river IS rising! I am jealous of y'all's garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you grow that curious tree with the bottle-shaped blooms next to Ned?

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...