Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Amazing Amy


Today's post is meant to sing the praises of my friend, Amy Evans. Amy works with me at the Southern Foodways Alliance. She's our oral historian who records (and manages others who record) the over 300 interviews in our archive. She's a great advocate for the folks she interviews, and I aspire to be as organized as she is--she meets all kinds of crazy deadlines amidst a hectic travel schedule, and she still manages to answer my too numerous e-mails and offer thoughtful responses. Last week, when I was at the conference in Baton Rouge, it dawned on me halfway through the meetings that everything I was talking about--a good bulk of work that SFA heralds as its finest achievements--are all her doing. We don't thank her enough. In addition to all of this good stuff, she's also a gifted artist, and Ned and I are saving the wall above our fireplace for the happy day when we acquire some Amy Art. See it all here, and read her blog to find out more about her.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, shucks. Thanks, Mary Beth! You know I love what I do. I don't eat all that pork and pie for nothin'! Speaking of, who do I talk to about all the weight I've gained while working for the SFA? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...