Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday on National Street


  1. Ned came home to announce that he'd won a major award at work today.  By major award, we mean praise from his boss for a job well done and fun certificate.  Way to go, Ned!
  2. The tomatoes are planted.  We have a good mix of heirloom varieties and some regular-old-genetically-modified-seed types.  We'll have tomatoes from at least half of our plants, by this design.
  3. The mosquito trucks are out in force tonight.  That's good.  I just wish this town had dog trucks to take care of some of the canine nuisances in the neighborhood.  Ned and I just can't figure it out -- do these people leave home every night, thus never having to deal with the incessant barking that goes on in their backyards?
  4. The finches are still mobbing the birdfeeders.  Today's purchase of finch food cost more than mine and Ned's dinner.  (We had pork chops with red rice and broccoli.  The finches eat thistle.)
  5. Fun photo from the Ned Archives.  Not sure what he's doing in this photo, but it's typically messy.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Yay
    3. You should not visit my hometown in Mexico -- when I was there recently I almost killed my neighbor. As if OUR dogs were not loud enough, my neighbor's son has roosters in his yard (like... fighting roosters, which are illegal to begin with), and the damn roosters would be ... singing? ... from 4:30 am til 12:30 am! I ended up sleeping several times with ear plugs and I could still hear them!!!
    5. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...