Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bread, Sweet Bread

The bread photo, though beautiful, isn't mine. I borrowed it from the NYT. Thanks, NYT photographer! Bread is the newest addiction on National Street. I'm making entirely too much of it -- about a loaf a day -- though we barely can eat half a loaf between us. The leftovers either get made into croutons or thrown to the birds, since fresh bread doesn't keep much longer than a day or two. Here's my new favorite recipe, by Mark Bittman. Too easy, and too good. And it really does look like the image in the photo when you're done. For the recipe from yesterday, see Epicurious here. And our favorite ciabatta bread is here. None of them require kneading, you'll note.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. Katie's dad is a baker and he has given me a couple of bread lessons, but my french loaf isn't quite as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...