Friday, April 24, 2009

5 Years, 600 Posts Later

Today is a big day. It not only marks our 600th blog post (they count for us, we're not that neurotic), but it also is five years to the day that Ned and I met each other at the Double Decker Festival in Oxford, Mississippi. We ran into each other early in the morning and there were brief introductions, but conversation didn't last long because my girlfriends and I were in search of some folks who were delivering a keg to our party. How romantic. I did remember his name, though -- good thing he's a Ned and I'm a Nancy Drew fan. Later that night, after we were both separated from our friends, we ran into each other again on the Square. Here's where the name memory came in handy. If I'd have forgotten his name, I'd probably have just avoided eye contact. But I didn't, we talked, and he offered to buy me dinner at Ajax since the night shows were rained out (I had the veggie plate: mac and cheese, green beans, and squash casserole, and I think he went for the roast beef po-boy.) Best first date ever--and totally spontaneous. We're headed to Double Decker tomorrow to celebrate happiness in April.

2 comments:

  1. Hope we run into you guys at double decker tomorrow! safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the 5th anniversary! And on the 600 posts!

    Keep the photo blogs coming up! ;) Hope you guys have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...