Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hawaii in Fast Forward


Religion on the Hawaiian Roadside, for my friend, Joe York.

Orchid farm.

Landscape from the windiest place ever.

Pork council forgot to send them their slogan before the meat market painted the sign.

I love pigs. It's the year of 'em, ya know.

Today Ned worked all day. Poor boy attended more conference sessions than I can count. I, meanwhile, took a fast forward tour of Oahu. On the agenda: windward ocean-view drive; macadamia nut farm; orchid farm; Agnes's Bakeshop for malasada #1; Zippy's (for a restroom, and to peek at loco moco in another location); Pali's Highway, the windiest point on the island; Hanauma Bay and fabulous Greek restaurant across the street; downtown Honolulu; another trip to Chinatown; a tour of the University of Hawaii; and a stop at the surfing championship and malasada truck (that's #2) on the North Shore before I headed back in time to meet Ned for sunset. I'll spare you the gushing, inadequate details and landscape photography. But it's beautiful here, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think and who you are...