Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hawaii Bound


In 48 hours we'll be in Hawaii. Ned has a conference. I have a need for the beach, after this first taste of fall weather.

We'll stay in a touristy resort (it's almost impossible not to be touristy there), but the beach is beautiful. Check it out and be SO JEALOUS: www.turtlebayresort.com

I've been spending a good amount of time trying to find fun off the beaten path. Thanks to my friend, John T, I've found our first bar stop, on the way to the hotel from the airport: La Mariana Sailing Club. He's also recommended some good donut spots (the book in the photo will be our guide). Thanks to my friend, Melissa, I've charted all our other activities. Perhaps most exciting, she's told me where to get good Mexican food on the North Shore. I can hardly wait.

Look for photos in the blog next week of me and Ned at the windiest point on the island, at Pearl Harbor (how will they present that history to all the Japanese tourists, I wonder?), and--of course--on the beach. This time we'll try not to get sand in the camera. But, if we do, I'm buying a new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think and who you are...