Tuesday, October 2, 2007

On the road again



It was another busy traveling weekend for Ned and me--Friday I went to Jackson, Saturday and Sunday we made a whirlwind trip to New Orleans, Monday I spent hours unpacking wedding gifts, and Tuesday finds me back in Oxford counting the minutes until I can turn the car around to Vicksburg again on Friday afternoon. Check out the festive Fiestaware--we had lots of unpacking and dishwashing happening on National Street, let me tell you. We broke them in (not literally) with another fabulous night of tacos. Thanks to our friend, Sarynna, we now know the trick to easy tortilla making: the Ziploc freezer bag. Next time, it'll be catfish tacos. Maybe I can even find Ned a fancy chef's hat to wear while he makes all those tortillas. Then he can match the catfish you see pictured here--doesn't he look happy? You'll see this joint on the Causeway exit off I-10, very near a "gentlemen's club" that has happy hour drinks beginning at 3 p.m. It seems the lunch spot closes down before the afternoon clientele arrives. Probably not a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think and who you are...