Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pretty boring when we don't post, huh?



Last week was crazy busy. We (Ned included) were all working on the Southern Foodways Symposium. This is a four day weekend in Oxford filled with good food and great friends and, save for our wedding in August, it's usually the most enjoyable thing we do each year. After four days of eating pork, I feel like a pig myself! We were happy to have brother-in-law Marvin join us for the fun this year, all the way from Austin.

Photos today are from the wildlife in our backyard. Ned took pics of the critters, as I'm not a fan. We found them when we were ripping out the summer garden in preparation for the fall garden.

I return to Vicksburg this weekend, to check out the repairs on our roof and to meet with a contractor about doing some work on our fireplace. Ned hates the small "fake fire" that the gas logs offer. And I'm afraid that I'll freeze this winter in that drafty house without some additional heat. Plus, we like the roar of a real fire. It's not the same when you just flip the switch and get small flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think and who you are...