Wednesday, October 28, 2009

MB's Symposium Wednesday Look

Today, in brief: new floor construction revealed termite infestation in the kitchen. Good times. Proof of termite damage in case we have any recourse with our original inspection (given that his work needed to continue) required me to direct our floor repair man to my digital camera so he could take photos. Of course, I keep the digital camera in my top dresser drawer: my underwear drawer. Awkward phone call, for sure. We're just going to have to mail him his check. Mean (and not-too-generous UM donor) was condescending to me today, which I hate. I've spent the entire afternoon envisioning the retaliations I should have used, instead of my polite "keep-your-job" smile, but they all ultimately sound like George's jerk store retaliation. In good news: the officer who caught me going 68 in a 55 only flashed his blue lights at me, the termites will all be gone by the time I return on Tuesday, and Ned and I will get to spend a few days in Oxford this weekend. In addition to all its other charms, it's a town with a Chick-Fil-A now.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you had such a crappy Wednesday! Today has got to be better! By the way, did you pass your gtt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan -- no glucose results yet. I was told to call on Friday and avoid candy until then. We'll see... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...