Tuesday, October 27, 2009

MB's Pre-Symposium Look

It's my favorite time of year, just before the symposium, but it is insane. Crazy hectic insane. And here's how I've looked all day: ballcap in lieu of a shower and washed hair; fleece to disguise the fact that I haven't even taken 5 minutes to change out of my PJs; screwed up face representing my "Are you KIDDING me?!?" response to the 100+ e-mails that have come in today with last second requests that should have been made months ago. Ned got out as soon as he could, escaping to New Orleans today for two days of meetings. It's probably better to be a Corps of Engineers employee in NOLA than it is to be my husband in the final few days leading up to the symposium! Not sure how I feel about that... On top of all of this, our house is upside down in preparation for the flooring work to be done next week. I have refrigerator doors in my hallway, a baker's rack in my bedroom, and flour jars on the dining room floor. Normally, when I leave for trips, I go through a manic cleaning routine in case something terrible happens while I'm away and people have to gather at my house (morbid, but true). This time, to hell with it. Apologies, in advance, if you have occasion to stop by while I'm away. I swear we don't normally live this way. Except for the week prior to the symposium.

2 comments:

  1. Let me assure you that if something terrible happens while you are away, we will go to your house and help clean. Of course, you have seen my housekeeping skills, so I know that doesn't mean very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there MB. J and I will be over Friday evening at The Powerhouse and if we need to come help any other time, let us know.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...