Saturday, August 1, 2009

We HATE air travel...and driving to Jackson

Yesterday, Mary Beth's flight was delayed so some folks on another flight (who were running late) could make the plane. Result? Lots of folks on my flight then missed their own connections though, thanks to a dead run through the airport, I made it. (I'm not in shape for that, by the way.) I got home close to midnight and was at the Vicksburg Farmers' Market at 8 a.m.

Today, weather in Dallas probably means that Ned will have to spend the night there. Best case scenario (now) is getting him to Jackson at 11 p.m. on a late night flight that is already oversold. I'd say that we're cursed, because all our travel gets plagued by weather, but it also seems that we're always traveling. Weather has to happen sometime, I guess. Thank goodness, after Monday-Tuesday when MB returns from Oxford, we'll be at home for awhile, without a dissertation deadline. Is that what normal lives are like, weekends at home with the family? I'd really like one of those normal lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think and who you are...