Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Today's Vicksburg Moment, brought to you by Fed Ex

So there's been a lot of back and forth with Mac re: shipment of my new computer. Lost faxes, lost e-mails, folks who don't do their jobs very well...you name it. So, yesterday morning, I was finally able to talk to a person re: shipment of the new Macbook. My primary concern? A personal plea that, since they've already waited 2 weeks to ship it, that they wait a third week -- because I'm headed to Oxford and will not be home to receive it. I begged, "Please do not ship me a computer while I am away from home for a week. Please. Please." I sent e-mails. I sent faxes. I left a voice mail. They said, "Don't worry. Fed Ex won't leave it without a person at the house to sign for it." Today, Fed Ex delivered my new $1500 replacement computer to Vicksburg. And left it, unattended, propped on my front steps. Fortunately, it was still there when Ned got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think and who you are...