Tuesday, September 9, 2008

French Bread, First Try


Without a bakery in Vicksburg, I've finally started making good use of all the bread-baking books and bowls and gadgets that my siblings gave me for Christmas two years ago. Friday night was our first attempt at French bread. It worked. We're still a bit amazed, as we've never had first-try bread work out before. Now that we've mastered Italian Ciabatta and French baguettes, we're going to work on conquering another European country's baking traditions.

1 comment:

  1. Ned, is she keeping you from finishing your dissertation ... again? Sometimes you just got to put your foot down and say: "Woman, get in the kitchen and cook that pie ... without my supervision - you can do it!" :)
    On a more serious note, nice job with the bread - I'm impressed! Once you master Vollkorn Broetchen, maybe I'll schedule a trip for Mississippi :) I enjoyed typing that ... Mississippi! Hahahah!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...