Thursday, September 20, 2012

Murphy's Law Thursday


(1) John wakes crying at 5 a.m. I get him back to sleep. As I put him in the crib, David wakes and cries, subsequently re-awaking John. At 5:30 a.m., the entire house is awake, never to return to sleep.
(2) At school drop off, despite talking about it excitedly all the way there on the drive, David melts down and screams, throwing one of those floor fits he likes so much (picture toddler stamping feet, rolling around, and banging his head on the floor surface).
(3) At school pick up, I roll over something and my back tire goes flat. Bright sides: I could hear the hissing so I was able to park on the side of the road in the shade before the whole thing deflated. Robert, from Honda Roadside assistance, arrived in 40 minutes, changed the tire, and told me where to get the tire repaired.
(4) David sat in the driver's seat the entire time the tire was changed (see photo above). When I cranked the car to drive away, the flashers, blinker, radio, wipers (front and back), and AC were all on.
(5) At tire repair place, they couldn't repair the tire because of "placement of the puncture." So, new tire purchased. Note to self: minivan tires are far more expensive than Civic tires; be careful where you drive!
(6) Bright spot: all car repair people were kind and quick to help today. The tire place even sent me to Sonic with the screaming kiddos while they bumped me to the front of the service line, put my new tire on the rim, and then had me come back so the boys didn't have to wait in the shop with nothing to do. They even used a hand jack outside of the shop so I didn't have to get the kiddos out of the car when they put the new tire on. I hope I won't have to return soon, but--when I do need tire service in Vicksburg--Abe's is now my #1 place.
(7) Both boys now napping. Sweet relief.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I am sorry your day was so trying. I did the same thing to a tire on the Mustang when the car was new, and I couldn't believe how expensive the replacement tire was. Of course I was out of town when it happened, so I didn't even know a reputable dealer.
    All's well that ends well.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think and who you are...