Friday, August 17, 2007

8 days to go...


Ned and I are celebrating our last weekend of independence...apart. We'll both be busy with wedding errands -- picking up rings, buying shoes for the wedding dress, making a beer run across state lines -- you know, the important stuff. And, before it gets too busy, we need to thank the folks who are helping us out: the party-givers, tux renters, dress wearers, Moonpie cake bakers, pig mules, bill-payers, program proofers, legal counselors, guest travelers, and the like. I'm not listing names, for fear of leaving someone out, but you know who you are...

Special thanks is due to my Aunt Ellie who, last night, let me know that she's putting the finishing touches on the beautiful dress that I'll wear. No, I won't force march you through a receiving line (though I thought about it). But I will expect you to admire it. It has not a single machine stitch...all of it, even the beading and embroidery, is done by hand. I thought about giving you a sneak peak, but I think the surprise is half the fun. Instead, I'll share a photo of me and the dressmaker, on her wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think and who you are...